REQUISITION ID AN-9217-1
JOB LOCATION US-VA-Hampton Roads
MINIMUM CLEARANCE No Requirement
ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future weapons systems, with an emphasis on lethality and survivability. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge and advice regarding design, development, procurement, and testing of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that with those satisfied customers and employees, the business will take care of itself.
Do you enjoy applying your knowledge and skill to solving the hardest challenges? If yes, ACE Group has an exciting opportunity to support our Naval Aviation Systems Command (NAVAIR) customers as a Field Support Representative/Low Observable Technician at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA.
We are looking for a smart, energetic candidate with a strong background in aviation maintenance to join our Low Observable Maintenance Team (LOMT) working on the Navy’s F/A-18 E/F/G Strike Fighter Program. You will play a lead role in training USN aviation maintenance technicians in the proper methods of repairing and maintaining Low Observable coatings.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Act as the customer’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of Low Observable coatings. Assess and inspect aircraft for Low Observable (LO) integrity. Provide Low Observable (LO) awareness and technical training to maintenance technicians employed throughout the Naval Aviation Enterprise (NAE). Assist fleet maintainers in the assessment and repair of Low Observable discrepancies. Work with Logisticians and Supply personnel to ensure LO material and parts are readily available. Liaison closely with systems and functional engineers to provide input and feedback on proposed modifications or engineering change proposals. Develop process improvement strategies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Liaison daily with squadron and wing personnel
- Develop LO maintenance repair plans as required
- Assist with LO maintenance repairs as required
- Provide instructional theory, classroom and over the shoulder training
- Assist with keeping the technical content of all training material and aids current and relevant
- Review technical publications for accuracy and submit tech pub change and update recommendations as needed
- Participate in meetings as directed
- Participate in various Integrated Product Teams and Working Groups
- Interface with OEM(s), SYSCOM, TYCOM as required
- Provide written and oral reports as required
- Assist in the creation of end-customer reports and briefing products; deliver and support customer briefings
- Support customer engineering and management processes
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School education
- 10+ years of hands-on experience as an aviation maintenance technician working on Naval aircraft and systems
- 3+ years of aviation maintenance supervisory experience (shop supervisor/maintenance control)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Up to 25% travel both domestically and internationally required.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to Secret classified information; U.S. citizenship
- Completed NAVAIR 1-week LO Hands-on Maintenance Training Course for F/A-18 E/F/G
- Completed any other LO training class or program
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Experience maintaining F/A-18 E/F/G aircraft
- F/A-18 E/F/G Maintenance Control experience
- Ability to create compelling, coherent briefing products; excellent technical writing skills
- Experience using IETMs and NALCOMIS
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Meets eligibility requirements for access to Top Secret classified information
- Rapidly understands new concepts, and applies them accurately and creatively
- Inquisitive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Works comfortably in evolving and complex environments
- Interacts confidently and communicates effectively at all levels of our customers’ offices
- Enjoys learning and is comfortable teaching and presenting technical information
- Distills technically complex material for presentation to non-technical decision makers
- Envisions future states and translates that vision into concrete and actionable plans
- Effectively organizes, schedules and coordinates work phases and tasks
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.